Saturday, March 13, 2010

We Never Sleep

And now I know why I saw Stephen King with a shirt that says "We Never Sleep". It's a little after 5 a.m. and I'm rarin' tah go *******YAWN*****

The only way that I will really ever write anything is to get off my sleeping butt/back and do it. I've forgotten that since I'm not actually paid to write that I don't have the luxury of sleeping to whenever I want, having a leisurely breakfast of coffee and cigarettes (not that I smoke, this is purely "fantasy"), and then writing my epic from nine to noon, then sleeping in, wash, rinse, repeat, that I just need to get up at 5 every once in a while.

I bet Stephen King never sleeps anyway. Okay, coffee's ready. I heard the last gurgle.

**sip** I'm back.

Currently I'm in the middle of a re-read of "Catch of The Day". I've cut a lot from it and expect to finish the re-read by the end of the weekend. Okay... I need to stop this and actually work on it.

Speaking of Stephen King, here I go... Sorry, one last thing. What am I reading? All good writers read, right? Yes! I just finished the original Star Wars (as in episode iv). George Lucas has an unbelievable sense of story and his vocabulary is a Webster's dictionary. A visual poet really. I like the part on page 1 (or so) where he describes Tatooine as a "something something something lambent topaz". Really how beautiful. Now I've moved on to Dune. That's a re-read and a long one.

Okay, now I feel better.

No comments: