Sunday, September 4, 2011

A new script! Yaay.

Wow finally decided to work on a new script. One thing that I've recently learned is that the hardest thing in the world for a writer to do is to not be afraid to throw out your babies. If something isn't refreshing, fun, inspiring, put it aside, or give it a toss.

It really is a daunting task to start a new script after working on one for a long time. It is a lot more fun to say you wrote one, or to read what you've written, than to actually fill in the white space. What helps though is a good outline. A couple of months ago I purchased The Coffee Break Screenwriter (Pilar Alessandra). That book was very helpful to me. I started on the body of my script last night and basically have about 13 pages so far just by pasting my outline into Celtx and filling in some of the space between the sluglines. Only 90 or so pages of filler to go!

No comments: